The Hubbardston "Steele Waves" Skate Park at the Curtis Recreation Field plans to be open from April to mid November. The Park will be open during posted times when safe conditions allow. The park consists of a 90 feet by 74 feet asphalt fenced-in skating area with two quarter-pipes, a grind box, grind rail, jump box, flat wedge, two bank ramps and a street spine.
All individuals entering the park must adhere to the posted guidelines. Both skate park committee members and Hubbardston Police Officers will periodically check the park to be sure individuals are following these guidelines. Any person that is not abiding by the rules will be asked to leave the park.
All individuals entering the park must adhere to these posted guidelines:
- Skateboards, In-Line Skates and BMX Bikes, No Scooters
- All Enter and Ride at Your Own Risk
- Helmet, knee, and elbow pads must be worn at all times. Absence of such gear will result in expulsion from Park
- No Bikes when Skateboarders and In-Line Skaters are in the Park
- All Non-Users observe activity from outside the fenced area
- No more than 25 users in the Park at any time
- Unsafe behavior or use of profanity will not be tolerated
- No loud music
- No food or drink in Park area
- Carry out what you carry in
- No climbing the fence
- Anyone in the Park during closed hours will be trespassing