LATE FEES are now in effect for all unlicensed dogs ($25 per dog). Pay online through May 31, after that all payments must be made in person or by mail.
After May 31, an additional $50 Failure to License non-criminal citation will be issued for every unlicensed dog per MGL Ch 140, Sec 141 and Hubbardston General Bylaws Chapter XXII, Section 2.
- MANDATORY – Under State and local laws, all dogs by the age of 6 months must be licensed with the Town and have a valid rabies vaccination.
- Annual Registration – License period runs April 1 thru March 31 of following year.
- Dogs not licensed by May 1 will be charged a $25 late fee.
- May be done by mail, online, or in person (add $1 for online fees)
- Failure to License Citation - $50.00 (For dogs not licensed by June 1.) NOTE: Citations cannot be paid online; must send check or pay in person at Town Clerk's office. Use the attachment above for mailing or in-person registration.
- Kennels: Any collection of more than 4 dogs kept for any purpose requires a Special Permit from the Planning Board. Visit their homepage.
- Spayed/Neutered - $10.00
- Male/Female - $15.00
- Late Fee - $25 (for dogs not licensed before May 1)
- Failure to License Non-Criminal Citation - $50 (for dogs not licensed by June 1)